Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Ducks

I had a not-so-great day today. Sometimes, when I have those days, the bike commute home clears my head and I get home happier and more relaxed. Sometimes though, the extra exertion raises my blood pressure and I get caught inside my head, having destructive conversations with myself. Today was that day and by the time I got to my street I could feel my face distorted in the pre-storm of big fat tears.

As I pulled up on to the side walk of my complex I saw a mottled brown mamma duck with three little ducklings walking through the sprinklers. Those little fuzzy ducks playing in the water zapped any bad thought right out of my head!

I don't know why I love animals so much but I just do!

2 comments:

Linda said...

I love animals, too. Especially cute, cuddly, baby animals.

Kevin Ashworth said...

Ducks are alright. Ducks are cool. I like ducks.

Geese, on the other hand ....