Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Dream #1

I am an active and vivid dreamer. They range from painful and weird like last week dreaming that I was growing another toe out of the bottom of my foot (it’s so painful to the ‘memory’ of my foot that I can’t go into further detail.), to sweet and amorous with lots of hugs and kisses (I hug a LOT of men in my dreams.) to structural psychosis (houses and buildings which according to Jung means how we view ourselves.) Rarely do I have foretelling dreams. (I once dreamt about the Apocalypse and it seemed very real, but that was a long time ago and obviously hasn’t come true yet.)

Several months ago, the treasurer to the Promise of the Holy Church* met with me to work on their account. I have been eager to get in touch with him since, but did not have his contact information. Last night, I awoke around 2:00 a.m. with one phrase running through my mind Promise-of-the-Holy-Church-Promise-of-the-Holy-Church-Promise-of-the-Holy-Church. I tossed and turned and plumped my pillow and just as I was about to fall asleep the chanting would begin again Promise-of-the-Holy-Church-Promise-of-the-Holy-Church-Promise-of-the-Holy-Church. I would plump the pillow again and flail on my other side and tell myself that nothing could be done in the middle of the night. Again my eyelids grew heavy and sleep was about to take-over... Promise-of-the-Holy-Church-Promise-of-the-Holy-Church-Promise-of-the-Holy-Church.

If I knew the pass-code to our office building I probably would have gone to work at 2:30 in the morning just to be done with this chanting spurred by the dream. Finally, 5:30 a.m. came and I had slept, for now I had to wake. A little bleary eyed and groggy I was ready for a new day. Off to work, normal day.

3:00 p.m. this afternoon, a colleague of mine came into my office. “Heidi, some guy is here about his account and I’m wondering if you can help him?”

“Sure. What’s the account?”

“Promise of the Holy Church”

Readers, I kid you not. My heart stopped, a cold wave of ice passed through my stomach and a little sweat stood out on my arms. They are very nice clients and I looked forward to meeting with them again, but the uncanny likelihood of him showing in my office today frightened me. I felt as if my chanting had willed him to me.

After our meeting I did tell him that I had a dream about his account last night. I’m sure he thought I was being funny, but he played along and said “I hope you dreamt we made millions of dollars.”

Tonight I’m going to see if chanting Keanu Reeves name can command him into my office tomorrow.

*not the actual name of the client, but similar in nature.

No comments: