Thursday, November 5, 2009

Vacation - the bad

Just got back from a quick trip to Disney World. It was a ton-of-fun. I'll post the good stuff later with photo's, but first the bad...

Flying home - upon an already early arrival, found out my flight was delayed. When I got to my gate found out it was delayed by an hour and a half, then two hours. The PSA kept alerting us that homeland security had as on Orange alert, and then I overheard someone say that National had a 10pm curfew. I was a little freaked out!

I then found out that National ALWAYS has a 10pm curfew. But for a while, the delay, the orange alert and the curfew all had me alarmed.

Finally, we took off, 30 minutes after I should have already been home.

Pillows - The hotel bed was super-comfortable. The pillows however jacked your head up at a 90 degree angle. Try as I might I couldn't punch the things down! So I'd go to sleep on the pillow and then wake up off the pillow. And basically tossed and turned all night.

Food - It was Disney world. You can imagine. yeah, not my thing. Our last day in FL we finally got to eat oatmeal for breakfast and soup and salad for lunch. that's my kind of food.

Umm...I think that's all I've got for the bad stuff. Life was rough for a few days. :)

1 comment:

Cara said...

somehow I am not feeling TOO much sympathy for you... except for the flight. I hate waiting in airports!!!!!!