Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Five Year Plan

I love making Five Year Plans. Some of the things I have planned have happened, some have not. I find that having direction gives me stability for deviation. Lack of direction leaves me as a lump on the couch and afraid of chaos. As the new year approaches, and as I have had a slight deviation in my plans, I thought it might be good to update my Five Year Plan.

2010:
Get a job
Complete and publish mystery novel
Begin MBA dissertation
Marry Richard Armitage
Join community band

2011:
Complete MBA
Application for PhD/DBA programme
Complete 2nd novel have been working on

2012-2014
Complete PhD
Have Richard Armitage's babies
Attempt extended genealogy for grandfather (Francis Casmir Ziolkwoski)

2015
Work one year for African Development Bank Group
Begin application for teaching position
Start a small sheep farm
Grow to higher quality community orchestra

So this is a rough outline and I know it looks a little vague. Trust me, my private Excel version of the plan is much more detailed. Between the lines will be things like half-marathons, triathlons, spending time with friends, serving in the community, etc. This updated plan feels ambitious but achievable, and satisfies my core person. It incorporates my love of knowledge, arts, and helping people. I really like the direction of this plan.

Especially the Richard Armitage part...:)

8 comments:

Starheart said...

Wow i admire your incorporation of Richard Armitage into a 5 and 10 year plan! You know how to set goals. LOL Too bad there's only 1 to go around.

HaH said...

Ha Ha...yes, well, I figure if I'm off eradicating poverty and other good deeds, I deserve the very best.

But don't worry - I won't be a selfish and jealous wife. I'll allow him to continue his great work and share him with the rest of the world. (within reason of course.:))

Starheart said...

Sharing is caring. A contribution to world peace.

Cara said...

I like it!!! Good luck. I think I'll just stick with my "what is my goal for today?" :)

Nat at RA FanBlog said...

When you marry Richard, let me know so I can post photos on my blog since I tend to be nosey like that. And please wear your flower pajamas a la "Vicar of Dibley." :)

Traxy said...

Oh yes, we'll be wanting to see plenty of pictures and get to do Q&A sessions with your future hubby! ;)

(Q&A? Is that what they call it these days? Haha...)

Ricrar said...

Good luck with your 5 year Richard Armitage plan - you're a very ambitious woman.

Just be sure not to mention the name of any woman Richard's ever stood beside, or locusts will descend on your blog and accuse you of insulting the woman:) It's a long story;)

HaH said...

Nat - I think only Geraldine can pull off getting married in PJ's. Besides, since it'll be my one and only wedding, and it's to the most royal RA, I'll need a princess type dress. :)

RiCrAr - Yes, sadly, you are probably correct. And after said wedding, I'll never be able to read the internet again because I'll become the most hated woman on earth. :) In fact, I'm really shocked how much traffic my blog has for even typing his name. Makes me feel a little pressured for creating more interesting post!