Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Yard Work

One of my least favorite things about living in an apartment for the past year and half was not having a yard. I especially missed yard work.

I know yard work is two four letter words for most people, but I just love almost everything about it. I love moving my body. I love being outside. I like getting something done. I like casually getting to know neighbors while you do these things. I love having something to show for your efforts afterwords. I just love it.

One of the main things I required when looking for a new place to rent in SLC, was having access to a yard. My new landlord (and he's new at being a landlord) is a pretty laid back dude and has plenty of other projects to work on and has given me carte blanche of the yard. This won't really get too exciting until Spring. But I did tell him I will happily shovel snow and mow the lawn. I think he thought I was joking a little.

But I wasn't. It has snowed today. I have shoveled.

I love having a yard again.

2 comments:

Miss L said...

Whereabouts are you in SLC? When we lived there, we had a place off 1300 E and between 200-300 S. We didn't have a yard, but a little flower bed and we tried to grow lettuce in it that first year. Note the word, "tried."

In anycase, I'm excited for you for your yard!

Kelly said...

You were always such a champion with shoveling on Dana Street. I'm glad you got your yard to play with and in!