Thursday, August 11, 2011

Afternoon walks

I love a good walk. A good walk can be in the city, a small village or out in the country. Today I'll take you along for my afternoon walk.

My walk starts from my flat, heads out North along the neighborhood sidewalk for a mile and half and then I head East to the public foot paths running through the pasture lands.

Flowers along a brick wall.

Walking past the football field and playground towards the public foot paths. There are so many churches here. More churches than people!


Yellow flowers and a happy bee. I haven't yet crossed a climbing post to get into the pasture.


My goal is to make it to this mansion. Impossible. All the public footpath's circumvent it and the closer you get the more the view is obscured by trees.


Oh how I wish I could just lay in the field and read Hardy and Gaskell and Browning and Tennyson all day....


I crossed about six of these today. And went through a few gates as well.


Cresting the top of the hill I was on. Across the way is Cleeve Hill. The highest point in the Cotswold (1083 above sea level) (not very high. :) )


I may have eaten myself silly on blackberries. I kind of felt like a little bear in the forest eating berries. Fruit the way Mother Nature intended.

Thus concludes the afternoon walk. And surprisingly I did not get rained on.

No comments: