Sunday, May 31, 2009

Maya Angelou

Long, Long ago, I used to race almost every weekend. Don't get me wrong, I was never very fast, but I really enjoy the camaraderie of a race. And I love having a large collection of t-shirts. But that was long ago, and I really haven't been running much, let alone racing. But I've missed it, and so I talked my friend Krysta into doing a race with me last Saturday. It was the inaugural Maya Angelou something-or-other foundation 5-k fund raiser.

Neither of us have really prepared for the run, but we were both impressed with ourselves on how well we did and how easy the race was and it was really tons of fun. So we are thinking we are going to try to do one a month. YAY! I was really starting to run low on t-shirts. :)


Krysta and me before the race.

Me being cheesy before the race with all the boats in the background. I assure you this was the least cheesy photo of me. How do you like my hot pink top and my purple shorts?? Hey, if you can't outrun people by speed, you gotta try blinding them.

No comments: