Saturday, June 28, 2008

Sweets

Pet Peeve: grocery clerks who make comments about the food you are buying.

Purchased:
Spinach salad bar
bottle of Ken's fat free sundried tomato dressing
2 plums
2 nectarines
2 peaches
cup o' miso soup
whole wheat bagel
box of whoppers

"I love all your *health* food and then this box of whoppers."

Yep, I eat candy. Almost everyday. Not really a grocery clerks business to make snide comments about what I buy. Isn't it in fact their business to talking me into buying more?

mmmm...I can't wait to eat those whoppers!

2 comments:

Cara said...

Ha! That clerk should keep his mouth shut! How rude to say that to a complete stranger... esp when the proceeds from the purchase are going to his store! ... hope the unpacking is going well

Rachel said...

seriously! recently jer and i were in a store and i was buying luna bars because they are good for this prego lady that needs protien and is not getting it much elsewhere... two grocery clerks were chatting one picked up my luna bar and said to the other, these are really good. the other said to the other, yeah? they are really fattening though... HELLO! I was standing right there!

On another occasion I was on the subway eating a bag of combos...some random guy came up to me and said those are really bad for you...can i buy you something else to eat...I said no thanks and he said no, serisoly, the stand is right over there those are bad for you...and this guy was not all about getting some girl some food he was really, truly disgusted by my food choice. people are wierd!