Sunday, March 27, 2011

Harlequin

I think it only fitting that I would get a job at a place called Harlequin, as I do seem to be having a love affair with this town.

Harlequin Tea Room and Curio is a small shop on High Street. (My favorite used bookstore, Moss, that I blogged about previously. is on the side street directly across from the tea room.) We have every day tea, herbal infusions, coffee and hot chocolate, and an assortment of tea cakes and sandwiches. There are also collectibles and cute knick-knacks.

The photo below is looking into the shop from the front door. Take a seat please and I will come take your order.
The photo on the left is looking from the counter out into the store. That is an assortment of quilts, linen and lace work that is for sale. The photo on the right are the tea pots we use. The smaller pots are used for tea for one. The larger pots are tea for two. I already have a few favorite pots and cups and saucers. I didn't take a photo of the espresso machine, but it's your standard shiny silver espresso machine you'd find in a coffee shop. And I LOVE the smell when we grind the coffee beans and make a fresh cup. I still don't quiet know the difference between a cappucino and a latte, but not to worry, I have a cheat sheet to follow when you order.



















The picture on the right is a cute petite four tray that was made using various china saucers. The owner makes them herself. I think this coming Thursday I'll be getting to help sort out china sets in the store room and help make a few too.














The pictures below are from today. My cell phone didn't automatically adjust to British Summer Time (Daylight Savings Time) and church is a 40-50 minute walk from my home so I didn't make it. I walked to the Pittville Park instead. On the left is the Pump Room. I think the name has something to do with the spa waters. (Cheltenham is a "spa" town) The building is used today for concerts and theater events. The photo on the right is a bridge in the little pond. Pittville Park reminds me of Central Park in NYC, only much, much, much smaller.

4 comments:

K and M K said...

I have LOVED reading all of these posts and looking through your photos. It looks beautiful! Miss you Heidi!

Rachel said...

the shop looks darling!

HaH said...

The shop is so much fun to work in! Plus it's the perfect mid-week break from homework.

Cara said...

Cute place where you work! I want to come visit!!