Monday, January 31, 2011

New Friends

There are two cat's that live in the house: Winston and Sofie. They are not on friendly terms with one another. Sofie is a bit territorial. She came to sit with me one day while I was reading on the sofa. But only because I was in her spot and she wanted me to move. She'll purr if I pet her, but she doesn't approach for scratching and is content to be left alone.

Then there is Winston. I've been here for less than two weeks and he already seems to think we are best friends. He has to sit on my lap whenever he can, and just like Pennywhistle and Maltie, he has to follow me from room to room. Even if that includes opening the bathroom door while I'm taking a shower.

Sometimes I sleep with my window open. My room is small, and with a well working radiator and a very thick comforter, I overheat while I'm asleep. One night I shut Winston out of my room only to wake up with him curled on top of my legs. The little Romeo just came right in through the window!

Sometimes he makes me miss my little fluffies than if there was no cat here at all, but it is fun to have him around. And it's always a million times easier to make friends with a pet than a human.

No comments: